What's new

Anchor Bay and OPERA (1 Viewer)

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
well i have sent 5 emails over the past week and have not received one reply, or the other mail that most people who have signed up for the replacement were sent. I spent $30 on OPERA the day it came out and still haven't been able to watch the whole movie. what's going on at anchor bay? i signed up IMMEDIATELY and the only email i ever received from them was the erroneous "send your disc back" email that was quickly rebuffed.
anyone have an email address i might send a note to that might actually get results?

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
You should get the replacement DVD soon. I was one of the first to sign up (like yourself) and I didn't even get an e-mail from Anchor Bay informing me my replacement was coming, but on Thursday, my replacement copy arrived. So don't get your hopes up yet.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AIM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"Let me rest in peace, let me get some sleep. Let me take my love and bury it, in a hole six foot deep."

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I'm sure that it would be impossible for Anchor Bay to respond to every individual e-mail about Opera. There would literally be tens of thousands of people who would need responses. This replacement program happened much quicker than any other company. Just sit back and give them a little bit of time to deal with the problem.
I got my e-mail that my replacement was on the way. I'm sure that you will get the e-mail or the disc shortly.
Here is what the e-mail looked like:
Dear Valued Consumer,
Your replacement disc of "Opera" has been mailed to today from our fulfillment center.
Due to the recent tragedies involving the US postal service there may be delays in mail delivery. Please allow 10 to 15 days to receive your replacement disc.
Thank you for your patience,
Anchor Bay Entertainment
Item shipped: (1) Opera DVD replacement disc
Shipment method: USPS First Class
Date shipped: 11/5/01
------------------
smallhb.jpg

Adrian Jones
[Edited last by AdrianJ on November 10, 2001 at 01:38 PM]

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
well all i've been trying to do is get confirmation that i'm even on anchor bay's replacement list, since i haven't received the same emails others have. i don't think that's an unreasonable request.
and since this is the fourth dvd i've had to get replaced from Anchor Bay because of repressings (Beyond and Hellraiser tins, Black Hole), my frustration is not unfounded.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I understand the frustration. Maybe you could find a phone number and call them. I'm sure their e-mail system is being overrun.
I'd also say that because you got the "Return your disk" e-mail would mean that you are on their list for replacements.
------------------
smallhb.jpg

Adrian Jones
[Edited last by AdrianJ on November 10, 2001 at 02:04 PM]

Lafe F

Second Unit
Good news Matthew. I remember when you were in the same boat as me. I filled out the form on the first day also and haven't gotten a replacement yet, and Anchor Bay hasn't answered any of my e-mails. Their phone number does not work in Canada. Let's hope my disc arrives soon.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
I got my replacement Opera DVD today. I got the e-mail that it was on the way on 11/5. I also got with it a sealed copy of the Moonlighting pilot. Some people got Supergirl DVDs with thier replacement. What is cool is that since the Moonlighting DVD is sealed I can take it somewhere and exchange it.
quote: and since this is the fourth dvd i've had to get replaced from Anchor Bay because of repressings (Beyond and Hellraiser tins, Black Hole), my frustration is not unfounded.[/quote]
Sean,
What was wrong with the Beyond and Hellraiser tins? I have both and have only watched the Beyond and it was fine. I have yet to watch my Hellraisers. I bought them both on thier street dates.
--Ian
[Edited last by Ian_H on November 11, 2001 at 12:31 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks