What's new

Anarchy Online FREE to play for a year (1 Viewer)

Christopher_P

Stunt Coordinator
http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...articles/8387L

I thought I would tip off you guys here. I don't play anymore but the original Anarchy Online was great fun. Shadowlands while it had plenty of stuff for casual players increased the farm/grind and supposedly (I was never very high lvl) added lots of raid content for uberguilds.

Alien Invasion (when I canned my account what a rip off) added player cities and uberguilds can trigger alien attacks if they own a city (if you/your guild doesn't own one however all you can do is tag along with another guild or yer out of luck for content).

Basic AO is great fun and has plenty to do for casual players. Besides its free atm to play so go try it :)

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Wow, that's desperate. I've still never forgiven Funcom for their mismanagement that resulted in the game being launched months too early because of Funcom's money troubles (as in they were about to go bankrupt). AO was beyond a joke a launch, and as the old saying goes, "burned once, shame on you. Burned twice, shame on me."

I have no shame. ;)

JamesED

Second Unit
Sure it sounds great, but you if you upgrade to any of the expansions you go back to paying monthly.

I never played AO, but I've heard from gaming boards this deal sucks because the fun started with Shadowlands.

Christopher_P

Stunt Coordinator
Alien Invasion sucked. Shadowlands was 'ok' but as a casual playing off and on unguilded player I perfered to stay down on Rubi Ka (basic AO). I didn't play at launch but when I did play it was pretty stable compared to other mmorpg's. I just felt like with shadowlands they added in raids and such (and some low lvl stuff too though) but then with alien invasion it was uber guild only stuff.

Alien Invasion felt like Gates of Discord for EQ1 completely worthless for anyone but uber guilders. Even with 2 characters lvl 60+ in a casual guild in EQ I didn't get much out of Gates of Discord as I don't raid. Same thing with Alien Invasion. All the alien content is for the guilds that own player cities. With both I felt ripped off and with other games comming out it was time to quit AO for me (though I still say try out basic AO lots of fun value for anyone). Hehe atleast sony learned from Gates and Omens of War had plenty of stuff for casual players.

If your a casual player lookin for some Sci Fi RPG goodness try out AO basic. Plenty of things to do/hunt down on Rubi Ka.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks