Anamorphic vs. Non-Anamorphic

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Qui-Gon John, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Where can one go for a good list of which OAR titles are anamorphic or non-anamorphic, (which release too).

For example, I was looking at the Lethal Weapon series and multi-packs in Best Buy. They have one with all 4, and these are the original releases, but I couldn't tell regaring non-ana vs. ana. Then they have a 3 pack with LW 1-3, Director's Cut, again no info on non-ana vs. ana.

Then to top it off, I heard that Air Force One, a movie I'd been wanting, is Anamorphic even though the box does not say Anamorphic or Enhanced for 16:9.

Having a ready reference to look-up these kind of things would be very helpful.

2. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    Can't say about the Lethal Weapons but if you're gonna get Air Force One, I recommend the Superbit version. Much better than the original release plus it's anamorphic with dts.

3. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Paul McElligott

4. Dave H

Dave H Producer

The Lethal Weapons Director's Cuts with the blue-silver covers are anamorphic.

5. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

The Internet movie database (www.imdb.com) is pretty good. You can search for the movie you want, then view the dvd details. I believe they usually note if the dvd is anamaphoric and are usually very accurate.

6. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

Both versions of the Lethal Weapon movies are anamorphic.
    The best site I've found with such DVD info is All Movie Guide (www.allmovie.com). Just look up a movie and click on the "DVD details" icon. The site often lists all of a disc's features, including even what's on the menu screens, whether it has content on both sides and chapter listings.

7. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

8. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be getting the Director's Cut of 1-3 (the 3 pack). As to # 4, I think there is only one release, right, "Premiere Collection", IIRC. Will there be a Director's Cut of that or is it already like he wanted it?

Good news now about Die Hard 4, but I can't beleive McClane is supposed to die at the end, (not a spoiler, they're telling this on the news).