What's new

Anamorphic Super Mario Brothers? (1 Viewer)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I know I'll be lambasted for liking this movie but I've always had a soft spot for it. DVDFile announced a June 3rd release date for it but they didn't say if it would be anamorphic widescreen or not. Chances are it will be but Buena Vista is pretty slippery on these matters like Ernest Scared Stupid. Any info would be appreciated.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I don't know... but nonanamorphic or not, this disc is going to be in my hands on street date. Quite simply one of my favorite movies as a kid (I must have seen the old VHS over 100 times :) )

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I never really saw it as a video game movie, just a fun little flick. I never thought it would come out but chances are it will be widescreen, it really depends on what the laserdisc was since they usually just port them.

I see that you met Bruce "Don't call me Ash" Campbell! I met him too at a Barnes and Noble book signing. Cool guy.

Beau

Supporting Actor
I hope that it is OAR. But either way, I'll probably buy it regardless. My VHS is getting bad. I would watch it EVERY day of EVERY summer. Can't wait for the DVD.
And to add to the other conversation, I have also meet Bruce Campbell, just last month at a signing.:D

BenjaminG

Stunt Coordinator
Any information regarding this will be most appreciated. I doubt very much whether they would spend the money to make a 5.1 mix, so I think that we will get plain jane stereo. I hope there a few extras on the disc.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Yeah, Bruce Campbell's cool.

As for the extras I wouldn't expect any. We'd be lucky if we got the trailer (I still remember that actually) and it probably will be stereo since it's a budget title. It really just depends on what the laserdisc is and if they catagorize this as a kid's movie. I tried going to their website for information but no luck. I'll probably buy it too but I don't know...anamorphic weighs pretty heavy in my book as I didn't by Ernest Scared Stupid for a low 7 bucks even.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
The laserdisc isn't in 5.1, but a few prints with Dolby Digital did go out to a few theaters!

I got the LD for the bargain price of $14.88 at Camelot Music (original price $39.99!)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Does hard-matting mean that it was actually shot full frame? Even if it was, full frame gives too much headroom, anymore I can't even believe I ever watched that thing called VHS. Just to approach an unrelated issue my local Blockbuster stopped carrying widescreen, those fools. I get all my DVDs at Hollywood since they only carry widescreen but it's just the principal, you know.

Anyway, back on topic. I e-mailed Buena Vista regarding Super Mario and another great title from yesteryear, 3 Ninjas (also streets 6/3) if they were going to be widescreen or not. Should get a reply soon.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
this is good news to hear.. i almost bought one of the japanese imports on ebay a alil while ago. anywho it will probably be dolby surround. i'd imagine it would at least get a trailer. either way im down for a copy! :D

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Didn't know it came out in Japan. Still no reply from Buena Vista, might take a while longer than expected.

Beau

Supporting Actor
I have recently watched my old VHS copy of this movie, and something in the movie REALLY cought my eye. When it's showing the overview of Dinohattan, it shows what the twin towers are in there and half of one of them is gone. And near the end when the two dimensions are merging, it shows the real Twin towers(not the other dimensions')and when it's merging part on one of the towers dissapears because that's what it was in the other dimension. Having not seeing this movie sience quite a while before september 11th, I never really thought about that scene in the movie. What do you think will show up on the DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks