What's new

Anamorphic Squeeze on JVC 32d201? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Someone once emailed me how to go into the service menu so that I may do the Anamorphic squeeze on my JVC 32D201 TV. I use a Panasonic DVD CV51 interlaced player on my TV and I'd like to improve the image a bit. I notice the down-conversion artifacts like stair-stepping etc and getting rid of that would clean things up a bit.
I think I can find the info on how to do the anamorphic squeeze by squeezing the vertical (AFTER setting the DVD output to 16:9). As I have been very seriously arned to do, I will remember to scroll through and record EVERYTHING before I bother to do any adjustments.
I also watch NTSC cable, Laserdisc and VHS tapes on this TV. When I do this service menu thing, do I have to keep going into the serivce menu to do and undo the "anamorphic squeeze" each time??
thanks for any info :)

DavidY

Supporting Actor
Yes, you have to enter the service menu each time to do and undo the squeeze. Only takes like 30 seconds to do once you get the hang of it. IMO, I would not leave in the "squeeze" mode since it would likely cause screen burn-in if left for a long time. How long is long? I don't know, but it's something that I don't want to find out.

Dave

Michael_V

Second Unit
Great TV!

Do a search of this form for my name (Michael_V) or JVC D-series to find detailed instructions regarding the service menu and squeeze trick.

Enjoy!

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Cool. Thanks. Dang it. I'm going to really want an HDTV pretty soon now that I have to do that every time I watch a DVD!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks