What's new

Anamorphic DVD vs. Letterboxed DVD v. Laserdisc vs. VHS (Demonstrated graphically) (1 Viewer)

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
the comparison would be a whole lot better if the program he used to scale the images in the 2nd part didn't add so much ringing, which of course is not present in the real image when upscaled. Any image editing program would have done a much more accurate job of representing the resolution differences when scaled to the same size IMO
------------------
My DVD collection

Jin E

Second Unit
the comparison would be a whole lot better if the program he used to scale the images in the 2nd part didn't add so much ringing...
I took the guy's original source image and did my own down/up converting to eliminate the ringing. There are ever so slight compression artifacts on the non-HDTV source images... but it is not noticable unless you see the Jpg's uncompressed and do a side by side compare (and even then it's not noticable at all).
http://www.mindspring.com/~jine/anamorphic.htm
------------------
-Jin
My Theater

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks