What's new

Analysis on HD DVD Combo discs (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Please note that this thread is not for discussing combo problems only for indicating that you are sending in a disc(s) to be looked at and replaced.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I'll send in my We Are Marshall combo; it freezes (repeatably) on both the HD and SD sides and nothing short of unplugging the player will get it unstuck.

Nate94Z28

Auditioning
Real Name
Nathan Brown
I will send my copy of Smokin' Aces; haven't tried watching the SD side, but the HD locks up same place everytime. Have to unplug to clear.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Kevin,
I'll be sending you my combo disc of The Departed.

It freezes repeatedly on various scenes but won't reproduce on the same scene a 2nd time.

xbox360 HD DVD drive.

pointless

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith Gregoire
I can send The Scorpion King. It fails with an error code every time on my XA2 while loading.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Aw crap. I sent my We Are Marshall to the wrong address. I hope it will still get to him. Kevin, can you please update the address in the first post?

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I will be sending you "Hot Fuzz". It locks up at random places during playback on my HD DVD add-on, but it locks up 100% of the time. the SD side plays fine.

Nate94Z28

Auditioning
Real Name
Nathan Brown
Finally sent mine last Tuesday (to the wrong address no less) and received my new copy Saturday! Talk about great turn-around, thanks Kevin!

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Kevin,

I mailed mine today (Hot Fuzz). I did not include anything relative to the problem, only my name an address along with the disc, but the problem is described in my post above.

Thanks,
Chris

phillip.patrick

Auditioning
Real Name
phillip patrick
Same issues with "We are Marshall" will be mailing mine out tomorrow. thanks and hope you find out how to avoid the problem in the future.

Thanks,

Phillip

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
So - I didn't follow directions and you sent me my own disc back. Shall I try again? The wife mailed this out orginally quicker than I could react to including all the requested info.

?:frowning:

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Kevin,

The disc ended up failing but it took much longer than previously. Interestingly, no other disc that I own which is not a lot does this (King Kong, Serenity, Transformers and Batman Begins.) Will try again and follow directions! ;)

pointless

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith Gregoire
Hi Kevin,

I received what looked like the same Scorpion King disc from you (or your testers) yesterday. I couldn't tell for sure, but it wasn't shrink-wrapped.

This disc still exhibits the same problem ("System Error" and "NO PLAY") and occurs just after the opening logo, just a couple of seconds after startup after the logo plays. This is on a Toshiba HD-XA2 with the latest firmware version 2.5.

Again, this is the only HD DVD that I have, combo or not, that errors out.

What were your findings? (There was no correspondence in the return packaging.)

Thanks!

SteveCoug

Agent
I had a problem last night with Hot Fuzz freezing at approximately 58 minutes into the movie. This is a repeatable problem as it freezes in he same place every time I play it in HD DVD.

Are you still doing the exchange program?

Should I send this in?

Thanks,

Steve

UPDATE: Kevin I have sent you a PM and email to make sure that you are still doing the tests berore I send in my copy of "Hot Fuzz" HD DVD combo disc. Please respond. BTW, I am in Bellevue WA only 20 minutes away from Microsoft. ;)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Steve-
I think Kevin is out of the country at the moment, but I know they were trying to get 50 discs and they are no where neat that so feel free to sent it in.

cbw

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Got a 300 Combo disc that locks up my player at the exact same time every time i try to play it. Going to be sending it out to you guys tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks