What's new

analog or digital? (1 Viewer)

Mark_Su

Agent
I'm currently using an Audigy 2 and connecting it to my Onkyo receiever with a Y-Adapter. Now, would it be better if I connect the Audigy to the receiver's analog input or to its digital input (with a single coax cable)? I mainly use my PC for mp3 listening, barely any gaming or movie watching. Thanks in advance for any help.

PS: For some reason i get clicks when I connect it digitally.

John Parris

Stunt Coordinator
I have better results connecting to the digital coax with my Audigy. What do you mean by "clicks"?

Mark_Su

Agent
whenever windows makes any sort of sound, be it from an mp3 or a simple warning beep, two seconds later my speakers make a faint clicking/popping sound. how are you connecting your coax cable to your audigy?

John Parris

Stunt Coordinator
With the digital output on the back-- 1/8" miniplug to stereo RCA adapter-- the left channel is a make-shift coaxial... works well enough for me.

John Parris

Stunt Coordinator
This sounds to me like a software/driver problem... doesnt seem like it could be caused by the cables... I was using something a little different-- a little "Y" dongle cable and a really long (25 ft.) extension cable...essentially the same thing, though...which leads me to believe that it's probably something with the drivers or software...try getting the latest drivers from Creative's website and see if that does the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks