What's new

Analog or Digital Sound Meter? (1 Viewer)

russel

Auditioning
I am going to buy a sound level meter from Radio Shack. I noticed that they also sell digital meters. Which one should I buy, the digital or the analog? Is one easier to use when calibrating my system? Is one more accurate than the other? Thanks for any advice you have.

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
When I bought mine I was recommended to buy the analog SPL meter. Supposely it gives you a more accurate reading from what I was told compared to digital meter. But its not that much of a difference either so if you get the digital meter don't feel bad about it. As far as use both are easy to calibrate with

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I din't think there is an "accuracy" issue - more and 'ease of use' issue. I find the VU meter on the analog easier to read with variating sources-- but the digital is fine.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Yep. this has been asked a bunch before, basically they are the same, one has a digital readout and costs more. I personally find the analog easier to use, others prefer the digital. Can't go wrong either wqay though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks