What's new

Analog Hole Bill Would Impose a Secret Law (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Ken, that's astounding. This is exactly the kind of "hand out special favors to a well financed interest group" legislation I despise.

John C

Stunt Coordinator
Typical. Consumers lose once again. At the rate things are going, VEIL probably monitors what programs we watch. "Hey, we've got a household here watching too much Al Jazeera! Better send them off to Guantanemo!"

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure it's 100% necessary for national security.

Yeah, right.

:angry:

Ben Franklin is turning over in his grave. :frowning:

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
The thing is I think is that the bill has a better chance of passing not as a standalone but as a rider onto something else. Note that both congressmen are up for re-election in 2006 and both receive funding (contributions) from organizations that would benefit from the dangerous consumer. Also, in another thread I mentioned that one aspect of the bill, if I read it correctly, is that it would exempt 'professional' equipment from being enhanced...err, broken. To me this suggests that established media like the NY Times, TV, etc. would enjoy the bill's passage since this would make it more difficult for alternative dissemination of news and entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks