An XBL Noob's first experince with Top Spin

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Trevor_J, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Trevor_J

Trevor_J Second Unit

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Argh! I had a long post completed to vent my frustrations and the new post page failed to load!!

Here we go again.....long story short.....

I played and loved VT for the DC and decided to pick up Top Spin after hearign that it was as good, if not better than VT. After a couple of hours playing career mode to get my self comfortable with the controls I decided to log on to Live! and play some exhibition matches. I figured with my VT experience I would be able to handle myself. After playing the CPU it seemed that way. After logging onto Live! I realized how wrong I was.

The thorough asskickings that ensued were nothing short of hillarious (at least to the asskickers I'm sure).

Is it just me or is there something seriously wrong with the balance of this game? I've played my share of vs. play with VT back in the day and I consider myself to be very good, if not the best of a group of friends who would enjoy long shifts at the controls during a late night DC session. To me it seems that if one masters the risk shot timings (esp. the serves) you can dominate this game like nobody's business.

None of the opponents I faced had their communicators enabled but I could imagine them laughing at me stumbling to hit their bullet shots like an f'n buffoon. The sad thing is that I only managed to score 2 points in the entire 18 sets that I played and now that I think of it they were probably mercy points.

I've never in all my years as a gamer had my ass handed to me but tonight it was served on a Platinum Platter. What am I doing wrong? Do you guys have any tips?

Anyway, it's late and I just had to vent before crawling into bed. Thanks for listening.

P.S. If anyone wants to increase thier ranking feel free to look me up. My Gamertag is : 'ChosenMancubus'.

2. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

[​IMG]

How do you like the game? I've been thinking of getting this if I can get it at a good price.

3. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

brian you got a pm

4. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I rented this a while ago and just bought it recently becasue of the price drop. I'm available for a game if you'd like to play. And I'll more than likely not issue an "ass Whipping"

5. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    I too am available as I am not very good on Live as I am in Single player mode. As a amtter of fact, I generally am pretty bad on Live but still have a lot of fun. If you're intersted, send an invite to Mister Doodads.

6. Trevor_J

Trevor_J Second Unit

Guys, I'd love to hook up sometime for a game. I'm currently in LA on business so I won't be able to go online until sometime this weekend. I'll be sure to add both of you to my 'Friends' list. Feel free to do the same.