What's new

An Update On The Sony DVP-NC555ES (1 Viewer)

Kage

Stunt Coordinator
A few weeks ago a purchased the Sony DVP-NC555ES and I am noticing some problems on it. The problems are: subtitles popping up out of nowhere in some movies movies, a very distracting color flicker in some movies, some kind of flicker in movies that seems to that it is fighting with my 36 inch Sony HDTV's line doubler, and a noticeable layer change. I emailed Sony about these problems and they said the dvd player needs to go into service. I am not taking it into service and I called Crutchfield about exchanging the DVP-NC555ES for the Denon DVD-2200. I hope the Denon DVD-2200 is a better player than the Sony.

Kage

Stunt Coordinator
I decided to return the Sony DVP-NC555ES for the Denon DVD-2200. Why I did this is because:
1)After a few weeks woth DVP-NC555ES, I did not like after all.
2)The DVD-2200 has a better deinterlacer.
3)On paper it seems the DVD-2200 has better SQ.
4)For about the same price I get both DVD-A and SACD with the DVD-2200.
5)Better PQ with the DVD-2200 (Hopefully).
6)No layer change on DVD-2200.
7)DVD-2200 seems to be the perfect player for me. expect for 2 things that people say about: A)No auto-resume when the power is turned off. B)Tray won't close with the the player shuts down. Hopefully Denon will fix these things up with a firmware upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks