an opinion on rear surrounds?

mustangwally

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
wally
i am shortly going to be upgrading to 7.1 surround and am wondering what i should be looking for in a rear surround. i am leaning towards completing the paradigm package i have started(am happy with the speakers i have so far). i have monitor 9 fronts, CC350 center, PS1200 sub, and recently purchased a set of ADP350 for the surrounds. do i need another set of dipole rears or would something like an Atom be fine?

thanks for the help

Gabriel.H

Stunt Coordinator
I myself have ADP-370's for side and rear surrounds and to my ears it sounds great....audition direct radiating and dipoles as rear surrounds as possible, and pick whichever sounds best to you, if you hear no audible difference, then pick the cheaper of the two. As a personal preference though, I like all my surround speakers to match.

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL

We have the same speakers, except I have a PW2200 sub. For my rear surrounds, I used a pair of Atoms...I know, I should have used Minis.

mustangwally

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
wally

there is that much difference in the sound from a atom to a mini monitor? have not heard a side by side comparsion

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
I wouldn't know, I never really auditioned them. I think the difference would be negligible especially since they will be used for rear surrounds. However, Paradigm did suggest keeping the speakers from the same product line.

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashwagandhaplus