What's new

An open letter to the studios (re:tv shows).... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
[PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO WHAT I WANT ON DVD THREAD]

Dear Studio Execs,

As a fan of tv shows on dvd. I want to thank you for the shows released and announced. I especially am grateful for the shows being released in season box sets.
Anyway, I am writing this letter in the hopes that you would use the resource that is this forum, Gord's Tvshowsondvd.com site and others to help you. Their seems to be 1000's of choices of shows in your catalogs. Some are no brainers to be released. But, others are gambles. My suggestion is that you ask people to give their top 10 picks of shows that they would like released. Then you can take the most popular selections and release them. I understand that rights issues might come into play. So of course that gets taken into account. My other suggestion would be for you to list your shows you are considering to release. And have people select the ones they want. The top choices would be the one released. This may not guarantee that a show released will be a success. But, as we see in polls taken in papers & tv. They are always just a sample. And we can assume that what will be popular among the 20k members here will be popular amoungst the general population. But, again not always. This polling idea was done by Martin Blythe of Paramount about a year ago. And was responsible for the release of a few movie titles.
In closing I want to again thank the studios for the plethera of new releases. And I hope you decide to take advantage of us and help you in the future.

Regards, Todd S.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
That was Martin Blythe of Paramount

Mr. Staddon works for Fox

I agree it's a great idea

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks