What's new

An Odd What Song Is this Question-Bob Dylan (1 Viewer)

Ike

Screenwriter
A while back, I downloaded a song off of Napster called Cocaine by Bob Dylan. I actually really liked the song, and now, want to find what album it's on. Problem is, I can't. So, I may have the name of the song wrong, or it may be a bootleg or something. The chorus goes:

Here's Comes a Baby All Dressed Red

Hey Baby Better off Dead

Cocaine all around my brain

Any help is appreciated.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
The song is "Cocaine Blues," a traditional song not written by Bob. It exists in two basic forms -- one a live performance at the Gaslight Cafe in 1962, released on several bootlegs, and second a live performance from 1997 that was released on an import CD single for the song "Love Sick" from the Time Out Of Mind album.
It should be pretty easy, judging from Bob's voice, to know which of the two you've got. :)
Ryan

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Some Zimmerman freak will no doubt have a detailed answer, but I think the song is Cocaine Blues and is only available as a boot.
It's from the early 60's, the Stealin' session.
Jim

Ike

Screenwriter
Bob's obviously young on the recording, so that answers my question.

Anybody else heard this song? It's really fantastic.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Jim,

I think I own that bootleg somewhere. Does it also include "Love Minus Zero"? Anyway, concerning Dylan's voice. I loved it then and I love it now. I was never prouder of my 14 year old daughter when she asked if she and I could go see Dylan in concert a few months ago for her Christmas present. I've been to literally hundreds of concerts and this was one of the best. Dylan and his band sparkled and Dylan more than held his own instrumentally with 2 very fine guitarists in his group. And the thing was, that, with open seating, we were 10 feet from the stage. Ahhhh, just like the good old days.

MikeAW

Second Unit
Here's a listing from allmusic.com of albums with the song on it...
Link Removed|BLUES
Of course, you can check out the homepage..
http://allmusic.com/
There is a companion allmovie.com and allclassical.com page too !
If you like Dylan, try out this great link page...
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks