An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by GeorgePaul, Sep 22, 2004.

1. GeorgePaul

GeorgePaul Second Unit

Hi everyone...forgive me if this belongs in the 'Movies' thread--please move it if need be.

I know that this version of the Ambrose Bierce short story is available in more than one version on DVD (being the last episode of the original "Twilight Zone" series), but I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for the version I should get. It was originally a French short film, and on the VHS I had (now lost by a fellow teacher...grrrrr!) I remember the release having some issues with poor lighting, print flaws and sound pops. What is the best presentation of the film out there on DVD, any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

2. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

I understand the original TWILIGHT ZONE series is undergoing a thorough restoration and will be re-released over the next year on DVD. I would bet that the upcoming, restored version would be superior to any edition currently available.

But that is just speculation. If anyone has any hard info, it would be appreciated!

3. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

I really hope they are undergoing restoration, since this is the fourth time around for the TZ on DVD. If you can live with the Serling intro and TZ title sequences, you should go with this version. You can still order the single volume that the 5th season episode is included on from Deep Discount DVD.

If you wait for a restored TZ episode, you'll have to buy the entire 5th season box set AND wait for four other releases first.