What's new

An OAR Story (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I went to Circuit City today to pick up the "One Hour Photo" DVD. I go to the Racks and find only the versions with the big "Formatted to Fit Your Screen/No Black Bars" sticker on it (But that sticker is an issue for another day)Anyway, an employee comes over and starts sifting through the DVDs. When she is finished, I ask "Got any Widescreen?" and she replies "That's what I'm looking for." So, I'm thinking it's good that at least someone else is looking for Widescreen. Anyway, she looks below the racks and finds some, but what got me was that she then handed the Widescreen version to a older lady...late 50s-early 60s I'd say. This older woman had specifically asked for the Widescreen. I just thought that was kind of cool that a person who you wouldn't expect actually had a employee go and find a Widescreen copy for her to buy.

However, after that I went to Blockbuster to check out the new releases. All Dual version new release DVDs.....Full Screen. I know that will not come as a shock to many, but the BB I (used to) go to always used to stock Widescreen on DVD. Kind of Ruined my mood.

I ended up buying my "One Hour Photo" At Costco where they are fully supporting Widescreen

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Blockbuster just opened a store in my town on Friday. I stopped by today to check it out. This store seems very schizophrenic when it comes to OAR vs. P&S.

OAR
A.I.
Minority Report
Spider Man
xXx
Star Wars II

P&S
About a Boy
The Bourne Identity
Serving Sara

Mostly seems to run in a Sci-Fi/Action vs. Comedy manner, but can't figure out why "Bourne" is P&S when the rest of the big action titles are all OAR.

On the upside, they do have the biggest foreign/independent section in town. They're also a new alternative to buy new releases at competitive prices. On the downside, they're very expensive at $3.99 per rental (2 days or 5 days).

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The week when "About a Boy" "Undercover Brother" and "Blue Crush" came out was when my BB turned. The have only had one OAR title (on a dual release) since then which was "The Bourne Identity" But Anyway, I don't want to turn this into yet another BB complaint thread

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks