What's new

An irritating phenominon at local dvd dealers. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Has anyone else seen this, in the past couple of months a friend and I went to a couple of malls in my area, we went into two dvd dealers, one was Saturday Matinee, and the other was Record Town I think it was called, and just as we walked in we saw the dvd keepcases for How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Pearl Harbor!
But these are not the dvd's but merely mock dvd cases of the films, with their release date on the front of them, but at first glance they look real! And to top it off, they had them right their amongst the real releases! I don't know why these mock cases irritate me so, but they do.
Anyone else?
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and women of our military and their families!

Paul W

Second Unit
I don't shop for DVDs at the mall. Too expensive.
eek.gif

------------------
Link Removed Paul Warren
Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs [sic] to Hellen Keller.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
whenever i hit the malls i see those too. i guess at one point and time they did get on my nerves but that was so far back that i can't remember. im to the point now where i know when the releases are gonna come out so this kind of thing doesn't get to me at all... hell steal one of em once or twice and you'll laugh at it..

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
If I didn't pay such close attention to release dates, that sort of thing would really irk me. But, once you know that the actual release date is a month out, I wouldn't give it much thought.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
John,
You should NEVER buy DVDs from Concord Mall anyway!!!!
wink.gif

[Edited last by Joe McCabe on November 04, 2001 at 04:23 PM]

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Record Town and Saturday Matinee are the same company. Owned by TWEC, they also own Camelot. All of their mall-based stores ought to be turned into "FYE" (For Your Entertainment) stores.
TWEC also owns Coconuts, among other stand-alone stores. Visit their web sites at:
http://www.twec.com
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
Do you like TV on DVD? Then check THIS out!
.....http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/.....

Brett Halsey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett
I still remember the unfortunate HTF member who bought a copy of Forrest Gump up to two months before it's release, and then got it home only to find that the discs were in fact only CHOCOLATE!!!!
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Joe, believe me when I tell you this, I am aware not to buy dvd's at the mall, very aware indeed, but we were their, and we just wanted to look around. I did end up buying The Animal but the price was right 19.99, but I wouldn't be caught dead buying a catalogue title from a mall.
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and women of our military and their families!

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
I still remember the unfortunate HTF member who bought a copy of Forrest Gump up to two months before it's release, and then got it home only to find that the discs were in fact only CHOCOLATE!!!!
Hey, at least I was aware of the fact that *something* was fishy (but I didn't know about the chocolate discs existence). You should have seen the clerks' faces when I brought it back for a refund
biggrin.gif
-Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks