What's new

An interesting Nintendo article (1 Viewer)

Dan B

Screenwriter
:) LOL. I'm doing my best not to get all worked up over other people's opinions in this thread.
Kelley, for what it's worth, I couldn't tell if Camp was being facetious or not, either.
-Dan
was a Nintendo fan-boy until he bought a Dreamcast

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
This isn't mudslinging at the X-Box or it's games, I was commenting on MS' marketing strategy.
Nonsense.
This is what you said:
MS doesn't have a hit game like Halo until Halo 2 comes out
That is a pure slam at the game library (and a misinformed one at that).
If I made a post stating that the Gamecube wouldn't have a hit game until a year from now:
a) I'd be as full of it as you were when you made your statement
b) There would be a huge fuss and people would ask for a moderator
The fact is that you bash the XBox every chance you get, and you get away with it because we've all come to expect it and tune it out most of the time.

Robert Standefer

Stunt Coordinator
I own all three systems, like a lot of you here. My thoughts:

I have always loved Nintendo, and I have owned every system they've ever released in the US. I very much enjoy playing Animal Crossing on my GC with my GBA and e-Reader hooked up to scan e-Cards. Nintendo has always focused on the whole user experience. I remember how excited I would get as a kid when I would see Mario in a game, like Punch-Out. I like where Nintendo is going with the Cube and GBA, I like that they're targeting all age levels, and I like that they're moving forward with their icons (Mario, Zelda, Metroid).

I was weary of the Xbox because I'm not much of a PC gamer. Now, if a game comes out on all three systems, I'll buy it for the GameCube. Thus, I don't have very many Xbox games, but there are some coming soon that I want to try. I'm also taking a wait-and-see for sports games that support Xbox Live.

My PS2 gets played for its exclusive titles. I hated PSOne--I had a Saturn and N64--but I'm very pleased with the quality of titles for the PS2, including GTA3/VC, the sports titles, the wrestling games, and the old skool 2D games that are starting to come out.

-Rob

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
That is a pure slam at the game library (and a misinformed one at that).
I think that since this is a discussion mainly about how the 3 companies market their systems/games, Morgan's statement was about the financial success/'buzz' a game receives, and NOT a dig about the quality of the games. At least thats how I read it. :)

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I think that since this is a discussion mainly about how the 3 companies market their systems/games, Morgan's statement was about the financial success/'buzz' a game receives, and NOT a dig about the quality of the games. At least thats how I read it.
I tend to agree. OTOH, it's always kind of dodgy to suggest something like that since Halo 2 is a long ways off and there's plenty of time for another game to come along and get that same kind of buzz. For all we know, Mech Assault could turn out to be a monster, for instance :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks