What's new

Pre-Order An Inspector Calls (1954) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81RswOeKsxL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
My theater group did this play a thousand years ago ( well, maybe not quite that long...) Enjoyed it very much back then. Movie very nicely done and fine transfer as well. Really enjoy how each member gets caught in their own hypocrisy...and then....

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Received this today. Unfortunately I can’t watch it until Monday evening.
I also received mine yesterday and watched it today. IMO, a damn good movie! Man, I love Alastair Sim. Also, seeing Bryan Forbes acting instead of directing is always a joy.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
So as to avoid spoilers, I'm wording this carefully:

One thing (of many) I admire about this film is that at the end some of the people are unrepentant and still attempt to justify themselves. This is so much better in my opinion than the unrealistic resolution of The Ox-Bow Incident where everyone is sorrowful and regretful.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So as to avoid spoilers, I'm wording this carefully:

One thing (of many) I admire about this film is that at the end some of the people are unrepentant and still attempt to justify themselves. This is so much better in my opinion than the unrealistic resolution of The Ox-Bow Incident where everyone is sorrowful and regretful.
I don't see the comparisons as one is about lynching three men while the other involves the treatment of one particular person.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks