An indirect cost of HTF

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ray R, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Ray R

Ray R Stunt Coordinator

Late last week my in-laws decided that they would like to have both of our kids for the weekend. First thing I thought of was all the tweaking I could do and reference level viewing that could be done without a 4 year old and an 11 month old in the house.

Then I realized I needed to carefully weigh my options since this weekend should probably include my wife and what she wants to do. I figure that she would like to go away for the weekend, but on the other hand was a weekend full of HT. With the Pocono resorts only an hour away, I decided that would be the location, but a weekend in a regular old hotel room does not equal a weekend of HT. Now a weekend in a room with a hot tub and a sauna was a better trade off. So in the end I spent much more than I would have without the HT rig calling my name, but my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend.

2. Jason Handy

Jason Handy Second Unit

Smooth moves like that pave the way for upgrades [​IMG]

3. John_Bonner

John_Bonner Supporting Actor

Ray,

Where did you stay? My wife and I did a Pocono extended weekend a few years ago and loved it. We went to one of the Caesar's (Pocono Palace I think). It's kind of cheesy with the champagne glass hot tub and red velevet walls but we still had a lot of laughs and met some cool people.

4. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I guess that means you GOT SOME[​IMG]

5. Ray R

Ray R Stunt Coordinator

We stayed at the Fernwood Resort which is more family oriented. They still have the honeymoon suites, but they also have a very big game room and snow tubing and ice skating right across the road. I would classify the room as cheesy also, but we had fun.
    And yes I did get a little. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]