What's new

An Inconvenient Truth (1 Viewer)

Dave Hackman

Stunt Coordinator
This was a great documentary about Global Warming. Here is a way for you to attend one of Al Gore’s presentations for the price of a movie ticket in the comfort of your local movie theater. For those afraid to be seen attending such a thing, it’s only a matter of time before it’s released on DVD where you can view it in complete anonymity.

Shocking as it may be there were no democratic registration sign up desks or abortion clinic literature in the lobby of the theater I attended. Sure, we laughed as one aloud at anything involving the bush administration and placed kick me signs on the back of presumed republican individuals but it was all in good fun. I’m only kidding on the later.

I haven’t felt so comfortable amongst fellow movie viewers since Fahrenheit 9/11. The attendee’s were like long lost friends. Open minded and receptive to the data and message brought before them. As Gore says, we are all contributors to global warming and it will require all of us to correct it. Therefore, the first step is to get off your gasses ass and see this film.

Al Gore isn’t a bore. He shows real passion while giving his presentation. Stiff and robotic are replaced with relaxed and caring. I nearly cried when he talked about the tragedies his son and his big sister went through. I commend him for his awareness on how special and unique it is for him to be given global warming data at an early age combined with his ability to deliver the information to so many people throughout the world due to his stature.

Nothing gets your attention like seeing where you live covered with water. According to the model predictions, if shelf ice in Greenland or Antarctica were to break off, sea levels could rise 20 ft. worldwide. Everyone in my theater (clw/tampa, FL.) would be dead. I don’t think any of us were nodding off after that.

I am glad this documentary was made because it educated me on the causes, consequences and methods to reduce Global warming.

Stick around during the credits for ways you can help

A

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Any more thoughts on this film? I hope to catch it in the next couple of weeks.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I saw it on Saturday, and it is most certainly worth the effort to see in the theater. Besides the very worthwhile content of the movie -- which desperately needs to be taken seriously IMO -- the visuals in the movie are stunning and should be seen on the big screen. The movie also directs audiences to a web site, climatecrisis.net, which is a good resource for understanding how your own day-to-day life can make a difference. This is a well-thought-out presentation and film, and it is easily the most important movie of this year and probably the last 10 years. Don't wait for the DVD (which I believe comes out soon and should have interesting extras), go see this in the theater now.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Even though I didn't vote for Gore or Bush. I must say this is very good documentary. I just wish there was more action on this during the Clinton/ Gore administration. Couldn't Clinton & Gore have signed the Kyoto Treaty?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm probably going to see it again with a friend this week. It's definitely worth seeing. Some people have complained about it being too Gore-centric, but ultimately the details about his life concern his motivation for doing the presentation and the film. The interludes into his history also keep the film from just being a documentation of his presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks