An audio drop-out question for a friend

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by HankM, Sep 30, 2002.

1. HankM

HankM Second Unit

My friend has a Pioneer DV-440 dvd player connected to a Technics SA-AX7 rceiver with the SH-AC500D DD/DTS processor. When he is listening to cd's and he turns on a light, washing machine or lamp the sound drops out for a split second like audio drop outs on a dvd. He disconnected his coax digital cable and used RCA cable, could not duplicate the problem. With the digital connection back in he tried something else, un-hooked his S cable from the TV. No drop-outs in sound. Put the S cable back and drop-outs occur when power is activated in the house. I have no idea what could be causing this. Everything is plugged into a cheap wall surge protector with 6 outlets. Any info would be appreciated, my friend is ready to have a heart attack over this and asks why I never have trouble with my system.

2. David W Johnson

It sounds as if the house's electrical system is less than a 100 amp system.

Try using a different surge protector. If that doesn't work, try hooking things up to a voltage stabalizer to ensure that your system is receiving all of the juice it needs, regardless of power fluctuations, such as Monster's MP AVS 2000.