What's new

An annoying Quote habit I've gotten into. (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Simpsons quotes come up constantly at work, and we're all guilty, dammit. Now if you'll excuse me, it's suppertime, and my dinner's getting all cold and eaten.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Ah, yes, Fawlty Towers. I'm constantly saying "I know nothing" with an accent. People assume that I'm quoting Schultz from Hogan's Heroes, but I'm actually quoting Manuel from Fawlty Towers.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
It's just nearly always a Star Wars reference, though sometimes people don't get them.
Kevin Smith: How could you miss the best quote: "37?!" - me and a guy at work use this all the time, but it totally makes everyone else just go 'huh?':D

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Here's some of my faves. Anybody care to guess the films?? :):) ............
[rant]"SOMEBODY GO BACK AND GET A SHITLOAD OF DIMES!!"[/rant]
[rant]"YOU GUYS DON'T DESERVE UNIFORMS! YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING IN YOUR JOCK STRAPS!!"[/rant]
[rant]"Don't you never chew, Tony?!" -- "When my mother dies, I'll give her the job, alright!!"[/rant]
[rant]"I was feeling a little sick to my stomach....What with that sweet champagne, and that tripe I'd been reading!"[/rant]
[rant]"You don't REALLY mean you'll kill me, do you?"[/rant]
[rant]"But ya ARE, Blanche!! Ya ARE in that chair!!"[/rant]
[rant]"Do you think they'll have that on the tour?"[/rant]
[rant]"They got a little BLUE chair for little boys...and a little PINK chair for little gals!"[/rant]
[rant]"There WAS a vibration!!"[/rant]
[rant]"Geez...I pass this crazy rig a couple of times, and this guy goes off the deep end."[/rant]
[rant]"...You chicken out...in that case I let Antz tie ya to the back of the car and drag ya around a little bit."[/rant]
[rant]"Hey...It looks like ol' Chuck is taking the boat to Tunatown!" [outtake.][/rant]
[rant]"Oh there's not a great deal [of damage]. There's just a big hole where the pilots usually sit!!"[/rant]
[rant]"I could be at home, giving my gal the high hard one. Instead, I'm out here doin' this shit!!!"[/rant]
[rant]"Goddammit, Grady, this is the President!!!"[/rant]
[rant]"Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"[/rant]
[rant]"Why Mr. Rusk. You're not wearing your tie."[/rant]
[rant]"If we paid you a little more, could you be just a little more disgusting?!" --- "Well I could certainly use the money."[/rant]
TV QUOTE: [rant]"Well we'll see just how wonderful it is when the watermelon rinds come flyin' out the windows!!"[/rant]
:):):):):):)

Dan D.

Stunt Coordinator
For the better part of 20 years, I've been using "Hurray for our side" from Tron on nearly a daily basis.

Any time the topic of a decade or similar time period is mentioned around a few friends of mine and myself, one of us will always turn after a brief pause and shout "TEN YEARS!" a la Jeremy Piven in Grosse Pointe Blank.

Don't even get me started on The Simpsons quotes.

Jeremy Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Here's a few we use

Don't make me destroy you - Darth Vader

Perhaps you feel you're being treated unfairly? - Again Vader

I need some t.p. for my bunghole! - Cornholio

You're smart as paint you are - Long John Silver

Game over, man, game over - from Aliens

I just had the most amazing dream, I was riding on an ice cream donkey with none other than mister Dean Martin. And even though the donkey melted right outside of Walnut City, Dean didn't care. Because that's just the kind of man he was.

Ah he was the Dean of Martins.

Amen. - The Brak Show

Friendship is like an ointment, when you've been stung by fifty bees, and anywhere you rub it, you know it feels better, because it's a topical analgesic. - Brak Show

I wish I had my friendship ointment, I feel like I've been stung by fifty bees, but if I had my ointment, I wouldn't know where to rub it, because I have a hole in my heart in the shape of mister Bawkbagawk!! Bwaaaaaa!!!! - Brak Show

Uh, no. - Butthead

This'll put you in solid with your boss - Maltese Falcon

Here kitty kitty - Alien

Many more, but no time! heheheheh!

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
a few my friends and I use;
"Oh you were through, well allow me to retort" - Pulp Fiction
"Keep chillin....." - Pulp Fiction
"I don't know if your keeping up on current events, but we just got our a#@es kicked"- Aliens(Bill Paxton)
"You are so money"-Swingers
"That was like some Jedi mind sh#t..."-Swingers
"Fuggheddaboutit"-Donnie Brasco
"Anybody wanna wing?"- Goodfellas
"What I'm funny, like a clown?, I amuse you"-Goodfellas
"Have you ever given a man a foot massage?"-Pulp Fiction
probably every line of Pulp Fiction has worked its way into our lives at some time or another
:emoji_thumbsup:

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
"You want to surprise her??!! Well this will give her a real thrill!! It makes a very thoughtful gift!!"
lynde2.jpg

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
Me and my buddy constantly spout off anything Dignan says in "Bottle Rocket".

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I forgot one! Whenever someone mentions something I said I'd do but didn't, my automatic response is:
"Duff man says a lot of things! Oh yeah!" :laugh:

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
good one cal! one of my all-time favorite movie scenes has got to be the part where they're in the bar and dignan is getting his ass kicked by those guys. he's yelling "ca-caw! ca-caw" but his brother is totally oblivious.

i'm laughing just thinking about it. of course, if i go "ca-caw! ca-caw" everyone would just think i've lost it..

I must drop movie lines in my everyday conversation a million times a day. Particularly Midnight Cowboy, Taxi Driver, POTA, and The Last Detail. Everytime my wife and I sit down to eat, I qoute Nicholson from TLD- is your "whatever" good enough for ya' Meadows? I drive her up one side of the wall and down the other with that one.:D

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Everyone does this... from the most annoying "ya baby" Austin Powers immitation to "Not that there's anything wrong with that". It's the obscure inside ones that only you and your friends laugh at that are the best though.

I went through a rather fun period where a group of friends could hardly go 5 minutes without quoting something from UHF (and it didn't help that we watched it just about every time we got together it seemed).

One that I throw out every once in awhile is Bill Murray's little "Whoa, somebody's coming" singing in Ghostbusters. Nobody ever gets it, let alone realises that I'm quoting something.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
"My wife Carmella will suck it out!" referring to the bullet in his arm from Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.

Whenever my brothers and I are hungover one of us will toss out: "You need a cup of my java"

I also like: "It's alright. I took something" referring to the magic potion from Big Trouble in Little China.

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
I'll echo the comment that you're probably not a real movie geek if you don't quote. I feel that way whole heartedly. I mean, if you truly love a film, surely at least a few lines stick in your head. Right?

Can't believe I didn't mention any Aliens or Pulp Fiction or Major League quotes, those have been in my FUQ (Frequently Used Quotes! heheheh) list for years and years. Hell, Aliens is practically required viewing for anyone who games.

Users who are viewing this thread