What's new

An anime question (1 Viewer)

Andy_B

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I am not sure if this is even considered Anime but I wanted to ask peoples opinions on the DVD's and the story.
The series is called The War Planets - The Shadow Radiers Link Removed
I believe it was a TV series that was on for two seasons.
Is this a complete story or did the series get canceled before the arc was completed?
I saw a preview for these disks on my Robotech disks and the cgi/animation and plot line caught my attention, but I have seen so few people mention this that I was concerned about its quality.
Thanx!
Andy

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's not anime, it's some CG series, it's just distributed by ADV.
I haven't seen it, but if it's anything like all the other CG series I've seen, I'll stay away from it

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This show was produced by a Canadian company called "Mainframe". It is the same company that made "Reboot". It would not really qualify as "anime".
The show itself is probably "Mainframe's" best from a technical point of view. It is probably the most elaborate in terms of the animation and the use of textures. I liked the writing in "REBOOT" better though. As to whether the story arc was complete before cancellation, I can only hazard a guess because I never was able to watch the whole series. I do not think the story was complete before it was cancelled. Check out ADV for more information.
------------------
[Edited last by Edwin-S on October 12, 2001 at 12:36 PM]

Andy_B

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you for the information.
The story line seemed more in line with the type of shows I enjoy (Babylon 5, Farscape etc) and it caught my interest.
Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sisukas
Recent bookmarks