What's new

An add that I got (1 Viewer)

Mark Thomas

Auditioning
Since I can't post the URL to my inquiry, I have to print it without the prefix. Doese anyone know then, what this site is peddling? I'm sure it's too good to be true.

yourownbigscreen.com/

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Basically a set of cardboard boxes and a magnifying lense as far as I know. It magnifies your current TV picture. Think about it, all you do is get a larger version of your current picture which means you spread the existing resolution and light output over a larger area. Not good. Stay away from it. There's a hundred of these stupid things out there and there all the same.

N

Mark Thomas

Auditioning
Well, I kinda thought it was bogus. It's amazing how fast these people get our names and addresses from these forums. I'm brand new to world of HT, I haven't even bought any equipment yet. But I'm not very gullible, and I have friends to ask (you all). Hopefully someone else will read this and be able to hit their delete button a little easier and quicker. Thanks for the response.

Oh yeah, if you DO happen to stumble onto a GOOD hundred incher for thirty bucks, please let me know.

David Parrish

Stunt Coordinator
Does this come up all the time? Perhaps we need a NO FRESNEL Lens sticky that debunks the technology.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
This topic comes up about twice a year. Remember what your mother told you: "If it sounds too good to be true ..."

Aaron_*P

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this on ebay a while ago and was interested in it so I emailed about 15 people who gave the person feedback to ask if it worked. One of them offered to send me the kit with the fresnal lenses and instructions for free because he didn't have the time to put it together if I told him if it worked. So anyways I tried it and there were a couple problems, the room has to be completly dark and even then the image is rather dark but not unberable, and the image is either upside down or mirrored or both depending on your orientation of the tv (I am told this can be corrected with mirrors, which it probably can be but is too much work for the quality it produces). In conclusion, although an interesting experience and idea, I would not recommend this to anyone, and am gald I was able to obtain everything for free so I didn't have to waist any money on this.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Just out of curiosity, instead of using a small TV what about using a computor Monitor and running a cheep scaler so you could run it at say 1024x768 or so. Would a 17' monitor be brighter than a small TV? It would give a lot more flexibility on the set up adjustments.
I'm not saying this is preferable to a real PJ (like my NEC PG9 in my theater) but might be fun for my boys X-box and videos in the play room!

Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks