Amusing article on TV DVD collecting

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Nelson Au, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

I read an interesting article in the SF Chronicle about TV show DVD collecting. I had a similar opinion to the writer, Tim Goodman TV critic, in that I always wondered as I posted in a previous thread, "Do you actually watch all the TV show DVD's you buy?" But he then went on to explain why he has fallen into this collectiing thing.

Thought you might find it amusing. And TVShowsonDVD.com get's a plug! TV DVD Collecting

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Ach! He spelled it "TVShows-OnDVD.com"!!! No such URL! [​IMG]

3. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Nice story...and i would love to have the series of Kolchak, The Night Stalker. How dare he tease me. [​IMG]

4. Chris Roberts

Chris Roberts Stunt Coordinator

I'd have to say I disagree with a lot of what he said. Maybe he sees TV on DVD as nothing but a waste of money and time, but he's clearly a remorseful buyer as well.

I buy shows on DVD. Not every show that comes out or gets some hype. I buy shows I think I will like or that I've seen and liked. I do not watch TV other than on DVD. For the cost of one months cable bill (100+ channels of crap) I can buy a season of something I'll like to watch over the course of that month. It'll be in good/great quality, have zero commercials, and possibly some extra features like actor commentaries.

5. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I also buy shows that I do like, have liked, or think I might like on DVD. I do my best to screen everything I purchase as well.