Amps with balanced and RCA inputs: ala Cinepro and Anthem?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Morris, Sep 18, 2001.

1. John Morris

John Morris Guest

As I move to upgrading back to a seperate (almost) music and HT system, I am looking at 5/6 channel amps which have BOTH balanced and single ended (RCA) inputs. Most notably are the Anthem MCA-5 and the Cinepro 3K6. Here is the question I have...
    Are both the balanced and the single ended inputs available all the time, or do you actually have to select via a switch which inputs you want to use???
    Here is why I ask. I want to use the amp's front left and front right balanced inputs for my music only system. And, then at another time(one input in use at a time) use the 5, or 6, RCA type inputs to use the amp for my HT system. The front L and R speakers would be the same for both systems so the amp's output would run to the same speakers.
    Even if this is feasable, would having two input connections for the front L and R speaker cause any problems?
    Thanks!
    ------------------
    Take Care,
    merc
    ----------------
    [​IMG]
    God Bless America!!!

2. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Thanks but nevermind... I just spoke to Cinepro and you must throw a switch to switch between balanced and single ended inputs...
    Thanks anyway!
    ------------------
    Take Care,
    merc
    ----------------
    [​IMG]
    God Bless America!!!

3. Frank_S

Frank_S Supporting Actor

See post below.
    [Edited last by Frank_S on September 18, 2001 at 07:12 PM]

4. Frank_S

Frank_S Supporting Actor

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

my 2 channel musical fidelity amp has both ballence and RCA inputs and there's no switch so I assume both are active. I do know that the classe' amp has a switch though so I guess it depends on the manufacturer
    ------------------
    My Website
    [Edited last by Andrew Pratt on September 18, 2001 at 08:38 PM]