What's new

amps/amp to power Paradigm Studio 40's (1 Viewer)

SteveL

Agent
thinking of using my Denon Receiver as a preamp to control the two main front speakers, using an amp/amps to power the two speakers. Would need about 100w per channel as the Denon gives that now. You guy's are the experts, I am new, new, new at this. Welcome any and all suggestions. Let the Denon power the center and surrounds when in 5.1 mode.
Steve L.;)

Kevin_R_H

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,

I'm doing the same thing with my system (although I use a Yamaha as my HT integrated amp).

I bought KORA Cosmos monoblocks to drive my main speakers, leaving the Yamaha to power eveything else. It works pretty well. The Cosmos are 100W Triode / Pure Class A. I would think they would match well with your speakers.

Kevin

SteveL

Agent
Scott:
Thanks for the reply. I would say up to $1000, solid state.
Kevin thanks for your good thoughts.
Steve L.

Scott_N

Second Unit
Steve

In your price range these would be nice amps: Quad 99, Parasound HALO A23, Anthem MCA-20, and the B&K ST125.2. You could also find a good deal on a amp on audiogon or ebay. There you could maybe get a Aragon, Conrad Johnson, Classe or McCormack in your price range. Good luck with whatever your choose.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Steve,

I have a Rotel RMB-1095 powering my version 3 Studio 40/20/470 setup.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks