Amplitude Demo

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Morgan Jolley, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Anyone else play this? I grabbed the magazine (actually set out on a hunt for it) that had the demo and played it.

It's a bit strange in the new format, but it's fun overall. There's only two songs, which disappoints me, but only 2 more weeks until the game actually comes out.

2. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

What songs are in the demo?

-Dave

3. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit

Quarashi-Baseline
    Garbage- Cherry Lips

It's a fun demo, but there is some slowdown that screws with me some times. It's supposed to be fixed by the time the final ships on the 24th. I'm already waiting in anticipation.

Sean

4. Scott_W

Scott_W Stunt Coordinator

I just played (and played) this tonight. I'll definitely be getting this on day one. Looks great. In the full game, there appears to be the more traditional Frequency viewpoint, as opposed to the demo. Two songs isn't enough, and the demo kicks you out after playing awhile. You then have to load it again, which is a bit bizarre.

5. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit

Hit select to change to the view that is further above the track. I don't like the one that's so close.

Sean

6. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I agree about the view thing. The farther one is more like Frequency.

Sony announced 6 more songs today. I think that would make around 15 that are announced, maybe less. Hopefully this one will have more than 25 songs.

7. Craig.Ki

Craig.Ki Auditioning

I sought out the demo based on the comments in this thread, and I must admit that it's really fun. I never played (or gave any thought to playing) Frequency, so I didn't quite know what to expect, but I had a blast with the Amplitude demo. I can't get that song by Garbage out of my head.

There goes another $40...[​IMG]

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

If you never played Frequency, you should try to find it. The way it plays is similar yet different to Amplitude, but its still amazingly addictive.

Based on what I could find, these are the artists/songs in Amplitude announced so far:

1 - Run DMC - "King of Rock" (remix by The X-Ecutioners)
    2 - P!nk - "Respect"
    3 - BT - "Kimosabe"
    4 - Slipknot - "I Am Hated"
    5 - Game Boyz - "Push"
    6 - Herbie Hancock - "Rockit 2.002" feat. Mixmaster Mike, DXT, 7Rob Swift, DJ Qbert, Babu Faust, and Shortee
    8 - Papa Roach - "M80 (Explosive Energy Movement)"
    9 - Baldwin Brothers - "Urban Tumbleweed"
    10 - Production Club - "Rockstar"
    11 - Manchild - "Nitro Narcosis"
    12 - Blink 182 - "The Rock Show"
    13 - Mekon - "What's Going on?"
    14 - P.O.D. - "Boom" (remix by The Crystal Method)
    15 - Freezepop - "Supersprøde"
    16 - Dieselboy - "Subculture" (Rock Remix)
    17 - Weezer - "Dope Nose"
    18 - Garbage - "Cherry Lips"
    19 - David Bowie - "Everyone Says Hi" (remix by Metro)
    20 - Logan 7 - "Uptown Saturday Night"
    21 - Quarashi - "Baseline"
    22 - Chris Child - "Shades of Blue"

(In no particular order)

There might be more (at least I hope so). Frequency had 27 songs (5 levels, 5 songs per level, plus 2 secret songs). According to Gamers.com, Sony plans to have at least 25 songs in the game. I used Freq.com and IGN for the list above.

Based on what I've seen, the game is set up so that there are Stages like Frequency. Each stage has 3 songs, 1 boss song, and a secret/bonus song. I'm assuming that you play the 3 songs in order, one right after the other (like you finish one and are teleported to the beginning of the other, based on the videos/screens I've seen), then you either unlock or play the boss song, then get the bonus song (or have to get a certain score in order to get it in the other levels). This means there are 5 songs per stage, so there should be at least 25 songs in the game, maybe more.