What's new

Amplifiers and Receivers?? (1 Viewer)

Epic Becker

Auditioning
Real Name
Alec Becker
Ok, could you guys recommend me a receiver then? I would like to stream music from my iphone via bluetooth and hook up my xbox with hdmi. I would also run my speakers off of it. Somethin around the 300 dollar price range would be perfect.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Currently..."the deal"... http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-VSX-1022-K-7-Channel-Receiver-Network/dp/B007O5ATC8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361157427&sr=1-1&keywords=pioneer+1022 Apparently Pioneer is already out of the 522 and 822...and this has to "go" just like the 1122. The new ones debut next month.

Epic Becker

Auditioning
Real Name
Alec Becker
Looks legit! One more question. Would I have to upgrade my hous's electrical at all for any of this?

Epic Becker

Auditioning
Real Name
Alec Becker
Allright nice. Will the reciever and amp come with all the cords and such for instillation?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
No. How are "they" supposed to know what you are connecting. You buy your cables(what are you connecting?) and speaker wire. I use 14AWG lampcord. The same stuff you wire lamps with...if you've ever fixed one. IE, the same stuff that connects your iron, toaster and microwave to the wall.

Epic Becker

Auditioning
Real Name
Alec Becker
I would need the cords that connect yhe amplifier and reciever to the wall socket, the cord that send signal from the reciever to the amp, and whatever else goes I guess.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
OK... 1. There is no "amplifier and receiver". Period. Receiver means (again...) tuner/pre-amp/amp....all in the same box. 2. Power cord is included. Cords you have to buy... HDMI Component(maybe...what are you connecting?) toslink/digital coax(maybe...what are you connecting?) rca cables(maybe...what are you connecting?) 1/8th cable(maybe...what are you connecting?)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Epic Becker said:
I would need the cords that connect yhe amplifier and reciever to the wall socket, the cord that send signal from the reciever to the amp, and whatever else goes I guess.
Power cords are included with everything. Sam covered most of the connector cables but not the one if you go with the Behringer amp. Because that is a piece of pro gear, you need a special cable. I use one from Radio Shack (but available in other places as well) that has an RCA male connector on one end and a 1/4" mono phono plug on the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks