What's new

Amplifier (1 Viewer)

jeremiel

Auditioning
Hello

I'm new to this forum.

I'm a car audio guy. I know a lot about stereo but nut much about home theater.

I will build my own speakers as a project.

Now this is the tricky part. The number of speakers I will build and how I will build them will depend on the Amp.

What are the main things I should look for?
DTS ES
DB 2
THX

I'm willing to spend from $300 to $1200 on the amp.

I will set this up with a plasma screen.

I have a pref in the audio field for Nakamishi, Quad, Denon.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you for your time

Jeremie

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to HTF, Jeremiel. Here's where your question should be posted. The Home Theater Builder section is for discussions about stories and projects that appear in the magazine.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I think your asking about a receiver (vs. an amp). A receiver contains a processor (which does the DTS-ES, DD, etc.), a tuner (radio), & an amplifier.

I would suggest that you look at your room before deciding on how many channels you'll want/need in your HT. In a smaller room a 5-ch system would be plenty. In a larger room with plenty of wall space (for the surrounds) you might want to go with a 7-ch system.

Denon makes some very nice receivers. Nakamichi's receivers may not have the latest multi-channel sound formats but they have excellent sound quality.

If you haven't purchased the plasma then you may want to consider looking at front projection. You can get a larger picture for less $$$ (so more budget toward audio). When you decide to build your speakers, check out the DIY/advanced section of the forum...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks