Amplifier suggestions

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Lee Batchelor, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Lee Batchelor

Lee Batchelor Auditioning

Greetings all!

I have the following speakers which make up a rather large home theatre system. The sub is a Paradigm Servo 15 and is driven through the X-30 control box. The mains are made up of a 15" Eminence Kappa Pro LF (600 watts), the mid-horn is an Altec 811B Voice of the Theatre unit which crosses over at 800 Hz, and the HF tweeter is a LeSon. The center custom horn is a B&C 6" driver with an RCF HF horn. The sound is very good but I've been told that my Sony STR-DB840 is the weak link in the chain and I believe it because the mains aren't really "warm" unless I turn on the bass boost. The last thing this system needs is a base boost control! Besides, the vocals become a little muddy. The Sony is 110 watts x 5. Any suggestions for an amp? Thanks....Lee
    P.S. I dont' know if the picture worked. Guess I haven't posted enough stuff here yet so my pics won't load.

2. Charles-T

Charles-T Agent

Yes, try something from the Pioneer Elite line or maybe even their regular line.

My Elite VSX-54TX has made my Cornwalls sound their very best! Very smooth, warm, full... You get the picture. Trust me when I say "it's what you're looking for". [​IMG]

3. Girish

Girish Stunt Coordinator

girish
    I have a harman kardon signature 2.1 five channel amp which is 100 REAL wpc and built like a tank. If you are interested let me know.

4. Lee Batchelor

Lee Batchelor Auditioning

Many thanks for the response folks! I'll do a little research on these two fine products......Lee