Amplifier recommendations for Klipsch RF-3 II

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BenK, Sep 18, 2002.

1. BenK

BenK Stunt Coordinator

I just upgraded to the rf-3 II's with the matching rc-3 II center and currently looking to upgrade to a nice multichannel amp. Preferrable either 3 or 5 channel and around 100 wpc for now. I was interested in offerings old and new from Parasound and Rotel. But open to any other brands. What amps/receivers are you guys using with your rf-3's that match well with them?

2. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

I'm using a Parasound HCA-855a(85x5) with a Yamaha HTR-5280 as a pre/pro. I don't think you should get too caught up on the wattage(especially w/Klipsch), the Parasounds 85 watts blows away my Yamaha's 100 watts. As far as sound quality, I find the Yamaha to sound overly bright for music w/the Klipsch but the Parasound makes it sound superb. Beautifully clean and detailed with excellent dynamics for HT.

Oh yeah I have the Klipsch R*-3II system. Using 4 channels of the Parasound to bi-amp the RF-3II's, the 5th for the center, and the surround amps on the Yamaha.

3. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

Klipschs are rather bright. I have found B&K amp to tame the brightness just right. Parasound would also be a good choice. With Rotel the combination might still lean towards bright.