What's new

Amplifier hookup to receiver (1 Viewer)

TateD

Auditioning
Hello, I have a Sony receiver STR DE835. However I want to add an amplifier to it for my speakers. I dont know which amp yet,but before I purchase one I need the following help. If my receiver does not have inputs on the back for an amplifier is there another method of connecting an amp to it. If yes how do I do it.
Thank you.

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Your receiver doesn't need inputs to add an amp...it needs pre outs.
If you don't have rca type outputs for each channel, you're up the creek as far as adding amps goes.

TateD

Auditioning
Why pre outs on a receiver. Shouldnt a reciever have inputs comming from the amp? I dont understand. Please explain.

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
no. you are bypassing the recievers internal amp and sending your signal to the outboard amp. Essentialy, you are turning your reciever into a processor.
You should do a bit of research before committing any $$$$.
Seperates are cool, but if you don't really know anything about how they work, you prolly don't have the savvy required to maximize. Not trying to slam you, just encouraging you to go do some reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks