What's new

Amplifier Help! (1 Viewer)

TateD

Auditioning
I just bought a 2 channel amp in order to bi-amp speakers that I will be getting soon. I have to connect it into my video in, audio out plugs for it to work since my reciever does not have any amp out jacks on the back. I tested this with my current speakers. It works but I cant control the volume on the speaker that is being run by the amp. the amp itself has no volume gain. Is there another way to hook it up to the receiver or another way to control the volume? or will it matter when I bi-amp the new speakeres? Please let me know.

rin

Stunt Coordinator
Tate,
I was in the same boat a while back and I ended up having to buy a new receiver with pre-outs in order to use an outboard amp. There are a couple of things you could try but they would introduce noise and defeat the purpose, and any sound improvements, of adding an external amp.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,
rin
Welcome to the HTF
------------------
My Home Theater

TateD

Auditioning
So I have to buy a new receiver even though I just want to bi-amo my speakers. If that the only answer what receivers are out there that have amp inputs.

rin

Stunt Coordinator
Most 5.1 receivers these days, except the very low end stuff, have pre-amp outputs for all(L,C,R,RS,LS and Sub)channels. 6.1 receivers have a pre-out for a center surround as well.
If you could give more info such as your:
listening/viewing preferences, related equipment(like speakers, etc.), brand preferences, etc someone might be able to help out better.
Good luck
rin
------------------
My Home Theater

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks