amplifier for infinity sm 150 speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by eli, Nov 14, 2003.

1. eli

eli Extra

hello folks recently i 've bought a pair of used speakers infinity sm 150 really huge monster with 15 inch woofers my system consists of yammha receiver rx-v800 yamaha pro audio power amp p3200 this mixed consumer and pro audio gear make some problems with connecting them properly last 2 days i got some help from Wayne from on this forum but i start planing to change my power amp because mine is not suited to work with a/v receivers. my budget is 1000$. please help to make decision. REGARDS eli

2. RichardH

RichardH Supporting Actor

Well, whatever you get, it doesn't have to be too powerful, because that whole SM line of Infinity is extremely efficient if I remember correctly.

3. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

Eli: Richard is correct, I used to sell those Infinity's (retail) & they only need a little power to reach high volume levels. A good home receiver with just 75 watts per channel should enable these speakers to become VERY loud in a typical living room.

LJ

4. eli

eli Extra

thanks for reply i'd ask what amp you connected to your infinity speakers. REDARDS Eli