What's new

Amplifier and Projector (1 Viewer)

NcgOsh

Grip
Real Name
Udesha
Hi guys I would like to get a recommendation from professional guys for followings:

(a) Amplifier (7.1 with 2 HDMI outputs and 3D support)

(b) Projector

(c) Center Speaker (Box type which I could stand on a TV cabinet) Note that I got Boston wall and ceiling speakers installed and should I go for same Boston brand or any other brand.

I am not after very cheap product or very expensive one. Something in the middle of range would be good.

Thanks,

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
A) A receiver with 2 hdmi outputs automatically puts you in the middle to high end. They start with the Denon 3311, Onkyo 1008, Pioneer Elite 33 and the least expensive of them all-the Yamaha RX-A800.

B) Sorry, I don't know anything about front projectors.

C) Yes, you should stick with Boston Acoustics for your center channel. Try and find a model with the same type of tweeter as the fronts.

Edit: BTW, here's an on-line code that apparently gets you a Denon 3311 for a little over $800 shipped from Electronics-Expo.com

Goto electronics-expo.com and use CODE = LSDA1229 and it will be less than $800! What a STEAL, and you heard it here first.

Dennis in the receiver forum gave us the heads up on this.

winniw

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Reed
Personally, for a projector, I am going with an Epson 8350. They are around $1200 to $1300. If that is in your price range, I would recommend reading more about them and comparing them to other projectors at www.projectorreviews.com

Besides price and fantastic performance for the money, I chose the 8350 because it is extremely flexible in placement. You can mount it high or set it on a table, you don't have to have it right in the center of the screen. You can get a 100" image from as close as 9' to as far as 21' or so, because it has a 2.1 zoom. I need this kind of flexibility. Also, it is a bright image, so it does well with some ambient light. I will usually be viewing at night but if I want to use it at day time, it will work and some won't.

The 8350 may not be the solution for you but it is at least a place to start comparing.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks