What's new

Amplified Indoor Antenna: which one to buy??? (1 Viewer)

Mike Lee

Auditioning
can anyone recommend an indoor amplified antenna for my TV?? sorry i'm not interested in cable or satellite for this TV...did a search but found nothing...

i've gone through three antennas so far and they all suck...i've used a RCA (non-amplified), RCA (20dB amplified), and now a philips-maganvox (45dB amplified). so far the philips is the worst...

TIA

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Are you stuck with using just "rabbit ears"? IOW, something that sits on or by the TV? If you have access to an attic, you could try something meant for outdoors and have a much better chance at good reception. Good 'ole Radio Shack is a good source for something to try out (if this is an option.)

Starting with a good, highgain, passive antenna will give you your best shot at a good signal. You could then add a signal amplifier (but might not need it.) The numbers from a passive antenna don't look like they would compete on any basis with an amplified one. But the number are deceptive. The old PC saying certainly applies...garbage in/garbage out. Your first few antennae didn't give enough signal to work with.

SeanA

Second Unit
Do a search for Jensen TV940. It has rotating and translating elements (i.e. rabbit ears) that can be programmed for individual channels. It also has individual amplifiers for UHF and VHF. Works very well for me as an indoor antenna is my only option. I use it with a Samsung SIR-T151 receiver.

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Well, your search is going to be tough. Lets hope others (like Sean) will give the names of some good units to try. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think there are going to be any true standouts in this category...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks