amplification properties question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Basham, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Scott Basham

Scott Basham Stunt Coordinator

I was thinking about picking up one of the good deals on the Parasound 855 amp, but first thought I should ask around to see if I'm understanding things correctly.

When bi-amping a speaker, are you effectively doubling the output to it and does bi-amping ever present a problem to the speaker?

I currently have a yamaha rx-v1000. If I decided to use it as the processor to drive another amp, would it take on the sound qualities of the new amp or carry over from the Yamaha? For example, people say that Yamaha has a bright sound and Parasound has a dark sound. Using the Yamaha as a pre and the Parasound for the amp, what would the end result be?

Lastly, is there a limit to running multiple outputs to one speaker as in tri-amping if you have the extra outputs and want more power going to a speaker?

Thanks!

2. JohanK

JohanK Second Unit

3. Randy Prue

Randy Prue Stunt Coordinator

Hmmmm... I thought that the 2nd inputs on some speakers were for connecting to ONE amplifier, to return the something-or-other to the amp FROM the speaker, and that this improved the sound, sort of like cleaning up the trash.