What's new

amp, why? (1 Viewer)

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

I don't have any budget at all right now to buy an amp. But I've been asking myself everytime if there is a need for an amp? Do I really need an amp for my home theater? I've got a 25x19 room, paradigm atoms for mains(will soon become swan 2.1), 20-39PCi subwoofer and planning to have C3 swan centers. I am very happy with the quality. Oh, I have a surround speakers but I don't know what brand it is.

Let me know guys if amp is really important.

Thanks.

Neil

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
The Yamaha RXV-1400 (this is a receiver, right?) contains amplifiers. You must have amplifiers to drive your speakers. You can buy them as part of a receiver, or you can get them separately. But you gotta have 'em.

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
do your fronts go loud enough and do you like the sound of your speakers on that reciever? If so there's your answer. 110 watt reciever into 89db room sensitive speakers should go plenny loud and they are bookshelves, so...no, you dont NEED an external amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks