1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Amp suggestions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JoelM, May 5, 2002.

1. JoelM

JoelM Stunt Coordinator

I have a Denon2802 and I want to get an 2 chan. amp to power the 2 back speakers(7.1). I really do not want to spend all that much. Thanks

2. Steve K.H.

Steve K.H. Supporting Actor

Do you have an old receiver kicking around?

3. Sihan Goi

Sihan Goi Second Unit

Here's another suggestion. Get a decent stereo amp to drive your 2 main speakers, and use the rest of the 5 channels in your 2802 to drive the rest. Any decent stereo amp, even a cheap one, would probably have better sound quality than your 2802 receiver.

4. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

My advice is to look for the Onkyo 282 (I think that's model it was to power the Onkyo's two rear channels for their AVR), Adcom 535, or an Audiosource Amp 3 all can be found for a pretty cheap price.

Another place to look is at a pawnshop and buy one of the old classics (they may look old and ugly but most were made pretty good at the time) which should run less than $150 easily and sound better than most AVRs being used for those rear two channels.