What's new

amp/speaker planning for the future (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
well heres my situation. i have a pioneer elite 45tx now, and with the exception of my center channel, my speakers really suck. so, i'd like to get better ones. i was looking at paradigm/reference, swan, klipsch, axiom, and totem so far. but, i hear that the 45tx has difficulty driving certain speakers, so i was thinking of getting external amplification. ive been looking at outlaw products for a little while, although i dont have any. this is where i become nearly clueless. do people usually get like a 5 or 7 channel amp, or a bunch of monoblocks? i'd imagine they would get a 5 or 7 channel unit, as a bunch of monoblocks would get messy. can you tell i'm a beginner at this stuff yet? even though i suffer from poor college boy syndrome and wont be making these purchases for a little while, i'd still like to stay informed. i'm sure every one of these companies that i mentioned will have entire new product lines by the time i am ready to buy, but doesnt hurt to know a little bit about the equipment you are looking at. anyway, my question is, are there any other companies i should be looking at as far as amplifiers go, and are there any speaker companies that offer comparable bang for the buck? assuming i am going to seek external amplification eventually, i'd like to be able to do it right the first time, and not have to make a major purchase twice. if there is a link to a FAQ that anyone has available, i'd appreciate it, and if anyone has any info on what i need, also much appreciated. thanks

CJ

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
ive found a couple amps that i like, the rotel rmb-1095, and the sherbourn, i forget the model. both seem like good units, but i'm not sure how much they lean towards music/movies. i am 70/30 movies. i'm looking at a drawing of the rotel, what is the db25 input for?

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks