What's new

Amp rack (1 Viewer)

Jason Co

Second Unit
I need to build some type of rack to hold a Parasound HCA 2101A monoblock on top of a Parsound 1500A 2 CH amp. Right now I have them side by each on a piece of plywood next to my entertainment center. there is no way I can put them in the entertainment center due to the fact it is chock full of gear. I was hoping to build a some sort of rack that would help me conserve some space on the floor. I have been looking at some of the flexy rack ideas but they all seem to be much bigger projects than what I need. I have never built a thing so I guess I need directions from the beginning. Any help is appreciated. As an aside there are some impressive DIY stuff being done...I am jealous but willing to learn.

Thanks,
Jason

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
if your parsound, stuff has ear tabs to be rack mounted then head over to PE and pick up some custom rack par thingys, like in my link

http://homepage.mac.com/alrossnin/PhotoAlbum56.html

you could use MDF instead of BB ply. They have a wide range of sizes from 4-20U i think. This was a weekend project, not including the finish, but its rugged as hell as it holds the 45 pound crown, the 5 pound BFD and the 10ish pound line conditioner.

Jason Co

Second Unit
Orono Maine huh? I am originally from New Hampsha always good to see a New Englander on heeyah. Forgive my ignorance but I don't know what PE is. Phys Ed...Public Enemy??? Maybe I need more coffee. Thanks for replying Allen, I hope you don't mind me picking your brain. I can honestly say I have never really built anything, but I would like to try.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks