Amp Question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Leigh_M, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Leigh_M

Leigh_M Stunt Coordinator

I have a yamaha receiver which only has an output for one set of mains. I would like to use this for my 5.1 HT as well as to drive some outside and bedroom speakers. Can I add an amp to do this? If so, how would I wire it and what would be some recommended amps?

2. Leigh_M

Leigh_M Stunt Coordinator

I have a yamaha receiver which only has an output for one set of mains. I would like to use this for my 5.1 HT as well as to drive some outside and bedroom speakers. Can I add an amp to do this? If so, how would I wire it and what would be some recommended amps?

3. Rob Rodier

Rob Rodier Supporting Actor

The easiest thing to do would probably be to run an integrated amp off of the tape output on your yamaha. This will allow seperate control settings in your auxillary areas while still letting you access your main source components. In addition, you wont be taxing the power supplies in your yamaha by asking your receiver to do more than it was really designed to.

Good luck

-rob

4. Rob Rodier

Rob Rodier Supporting Actor

The easiest thing to do would probably be to run an integrated amp off of the tape output on your yamaha. This will allow seperate control settings in your auxillary areas while still letting you access your main source components. In addition, you wont be taxing the power supplies in your yamaha by asking your receiver to do more than it was really designed to.

Good luck

-rob