Amp problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by GaryHa, Jun 18, 2006.

1. GaryHa

GaryHa Auditioning

Jun 18, 2006
    Hi guys, I know absolutely nothing at all about amps, and I'm absolutley useless with most things like this, so in-depth advice would be greatly apprecaited!

I have recently been passed a amp down from a friend, it's a Sony TA-VE170. I today wanted to connect the amp to my Xbox, which has RGB connections (As seen in this picture:

It says I need to connect the three wires (which i have) into the back of my amp, now here's where the problem starts.

The back of my amp looks like this: I don't understand where the wires should be going into the back of the amp.

If anyone could give me any information or what I need to purchase to make my three wires go into that, i'd be extremely grateful. Thanks.
  2. Steve Berger

Steve Berger Supporting Actor

Sep 8, 2001
    Your XBox pictures are for using an amp as a video switcher, which the Sony cannot do. The XBox will have to connect directly to the display (for the video connections). Audio connections to the Sony will need to be L/R audio, usually on red/white cables unless the XBox has an internal Dolby Decoder with a 5 wire audio breakout cable. The Sony does not have a digital audio input so the Xbox picture does not apply in any way to your hookup.