What's new

Amp info required for Sonosub (1 Viewer)

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
My Kenwood integrated amp decided to pack it in last night, so now I am looking for a new power amp for my Sonosub. I have access to a line from InterM. They look good on paper, but I am a bit concerned about a couple of things:
1 - This amp offers both blanced XLR and phone jacks. How do I connect my receiver to these connectors?
2 - I remember reading way back, that some of the "pro" series amps didn't receive enough "signal" at the input points. The 2 amps I'm looking at, have an input sensitivity of .775V (0dBm). Will my Yamaha receiver provide enough for these amps to drive my Sonosub?
Thanks guys...
Stacey
------------------
inspector.gif

Seungsoo Hwang

Stunt Coordinator
1) a RCA to a 1/4" jack should work fine.
2) my old pro-logic receiver had this problem. I tried using a signal-boosting device(god i forgot the name) but it didnt work for me, and the place I bought it from decided never to speak to me again about returns and such, I also forget the name of the place as I would like to tell you to avoid doing business with them...damn memory. once I moved up to a DD/DTS receiver(kenwood vr410) it worked fine. I dont think you should have a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks