What's new

Amp for SVS 25-31CS (1 Viewer)

Matt Fletcher

Auditioning
Hey, I'm looking for an amp to power a single SVS 25-31CS sub. Looking for about a 300-350 watt amp below $300. Any suggestions? Or would I be better off going with the powered SVS sub (SVS 25-31PC). downfall to that though is its only a 190 watt integrated amp compared to buying a 300 watt amp. what do you think?

Matt Fletcher

Auditioning
thanks a lot for the input. however. if i'm only powering 1 sub. i can only use 350 watts outta the 700. why buy such a big amp?

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Matt,
however. if i'm only powering 1 sub. i can only use 350 watts outta the 700. why buy such a big amp?
Because it would cost the same as what you want to spend for 300watts total. That way if you ever added another sub you would be all set! :)
Dan Hine

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Mark,
You'd always have the second channel ready for a possible upgrade to dual 31s :)
You could also power a rear center off it...or something like that(maybe a TT in the future?). If you wanted to stay with a mono amp..I'd look to the 250-275w plate amps available at Partsexpress. At $125(ish)....it's a great way to go. You might consider building a little 3 sided box to set the amp in(since it's designed to be mounted to an enclosure)...but that would only take a few minutes I think? This would make a nice

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
I'd go for the Samson.

It's recommended by SVS and I'd rather have the extra channel and not need it than need it and not have it. Especially seeing as it is within your price range. Who knows, down the line you might want to add an extra SVS to your arsenal.

My 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks