Amp for SVS 25-31CS

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Fletcher, Jan 5, 2002.

1. Matt Fletcher

Matt Fletcher Auditioning

Hey, I'm looking for an amp to power a single SVS 25-31CS sub. Looking for about a 300-350 watt amp below $300. Any suggestions? Or would I be better off going with the powered SVS sub (SVS 25-31PC). downfall to that though is its only a 190 watt integrated amp compared to buying a 300 watt amp. what do you think?

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    If you check out the SVS site, there is a B-stock Samson 700 for $299. You had better act quickly though.

3. Matt Fletcher

thanks a lot for the input. however. if i'm only powering 1 sub. i can only use 350 watts outta the 700. why buy such a big amp?

4. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Matt,

5. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Hi Mark,
    You'd always have the second channel ready for a possible upgrade to dual 31s [​IMG]
    You could also power a rear center off it...or something like that(maybe a TT in the future?). If you wanted to stay with a mono amp..I'd look to the 250-275w plate amps available at Partsexpress. At $125(ish)....it's a great way to go. You might consider building a little 3 sided box to set the amp in(since it's designed to be mounted to an enclosure)...but that would only take a few minutes I think? This would make a nice

6. Sean D

Sean D Stunt Coordinator

I'd go for the Samson.

It's recommended by SVS and I'd rather have the extra channel and not need it than need it and not have it. Especially seeing as it is within your price range. Who knows, down the line you might want to add an extra SVS to your arsenal.

My 2 cents.

7. Matt Fletcher

thanks a lot guys. i'll definately look into that.