What's new

Amp for Dayton15"DVC (1 Viewer)

Adam O

Stunt Coordinator
I finished putting together my diy dayton sub about a month ago, however im still modding it, I think i will cut it down in height to a more resonable 40"- from its 60". I of course will then me changing the port. I also plan to stuff it with some poly-fill and dress it up a little more, the tube sock i have is really ugly.

I Hope to get some pictures of before and after, unfortunetly i was impatient when origianlly building it (I did not take pictures of the consruction).

Now for my question, I'm currently using a 105W into 4Ohms @ 1% THD - Plate amp I transplanted from my old powered sub. I'm thinking that increasing this to a 'good' 200w + amp would please me more. So any suggestions to good amps-plate or otherwise, 200watts @ least and trying to keep it under $200CND. I was looking at pe's 250amp they have but when u add shipping its nearly 250. Are there any good amps I could find locally, in my futureshop or what have you store.

Thanks alot for all the help I've received down this road,
Adam

Robin Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I am in Waterloo, Ontario. I bought the MCM Electronics 250W plate amp that is basically the same as the PE one.
It is currently listed at $129US, however I bought it when it was on sale a few months back for $105. THe total cost to me after shipping and exchange rate was $210CAN. The amp is awesome (mine required the bass boost mod, but they now ship unboosted).
I doubt you'll find anything in Future Shop that will do what you are looking for and I doubt you'll find much else cheaper AND as good as this amp.
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/Search...07&SKUID=77512
Good luck...
Robin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks