Amp decision with older SVS

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by DavidVT, Jul 23, 2003.

1. DavidVT

DavidVT Stunt Coordinator

May 7, 2003

I bought Steve's older SVS 25-31CS which is tuned @ 22hz and ART351 EQ to augment my Def Tech PF15tl+ and need something to power it. This will be in a dedicated home theater approx L20' X W18'. I was initially thinking of just buying a Samson S700 via the internet, but wanted the imput of the experts (you guys). I would want the amp to last for some time, through the upgradeitis and all [​IMG] Esthetics is of a major concern as well, the amp will reside in my visable audio cabinet with some Pioneer Elite stuff. Of the below, which would you choose bearing the aforementioned in mind:

Samson S700
    Samson S1000
    QSC RMX850
    Crown XLS402A
    Behringer EP-1500

Please keep in mind that I have no clue about amps in general. From my searching posts, I've seen that the Crown, QSC, and Beringer AMPs are supposed to be superb.

Thanks for all your assistance
  2. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

Feb 13, 2002
    as far as i have seen, none of those amps are particularly good looking. in fact, most pro amplifiers are pretty industrial looking and probably not going to look all that great in a visible cabinet. that being said, i think the crown xls series probably looks the best of all the ones i have seen (i havnet seen the behringer amp before).

performance wise, i havent read anything bad about any of those brands.